In my second beauty related post, I wanted to introduce to you my ultimate method for cleaning makeup brushes. This is very cost-effective and it’s highly likely that you already have everything you need to do this, without having to purchase a new product. It’s a great alternative to buying expensive makeup brush cleansers and it delivers fantastic results (your brushes will look like new!)
What You Will Need:
- Washing up liquid
- Olive oil
1. On a plate, or another appropriate surface, pour one part olive oil and two parts washing up liquid. Take your dirty make up brush and dip it into both of the liquids.
2. You need to massage the brush thoroughly, so the oil and washing up liquid mixture reaches the bristle in the middle of the brush (where there is normally a heavy build up of product). The washing up liquid will foam up and penetrate deep into the brush bristles to remove all the dirt particles. Meanwhile the olive oil will make the bristles super soft and like new!
3. Put the brush under running water and continue to massage it until the foam and dirt is rinsed away. I have created possibly the most boring gif ever made to demonstrate this process for you 😉
4. If your makeup brushes are as dirty as mine were when I was shooting this, then you may need to repeat the process once more until you are happy with the result.
5. Squeeze any excess water from the bristles, dry it briefly using a clean towel, then lay the brush flat on the towel or a cloth to dry over night.
Et Voila! …
I hope you found this useful and next time you need to repurchase a makeup brush cleanser, why not save yourself some pounds and try this tip instead?
I would love to know, in the comments below, your preferred method of cleaning your makeup brushes!